Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine's Day in New York


View from the top of the Empire State Building


R in front of Central Park sipping his Dean & Deluca



The N.Y. Stock Exchange




A cold view of the Statue of Liberty



Us on the pier
One of my most memorable Valentine's Days was in 2005 when R decided on a spur of the moment trip to New York. Along with some friends, we flew up for the weekend. Now, mind you, I knew it was cold, but I greatly underestimated the power of the wind in between those tall skyscrapers. Nevertheless, we bundled up and trudged on block after windy block to see the sights. We saw "Phantom" on Broadway, we dined at Tavern on the Green, we went to the Today Show (which, by the way, you have to get up PRETTY early in the morning for!) ---all those famous New York "things." It was great --and extrememly cold!
One of the best presents of the week, though, was found right at home when we returned. That's when we found out I was pregnant with E. E's been to the Big Apple and doesn't even know it! Although this Valentine's Day will be a little less glamorous, it will be spent with the 3 men that I now have. Who could ask for more?


2 comments:

Kendra said...

Maybe you should have entitled this post "Ode to the toboggan." Did we get any pics without you in your hat & me in the yellow Northface coat?? Man it was cold! Fabulous trip though - I'd do it again!

nicole said...

A great Valentine's Day! Hmm...let me see, New York or hospital with two boys getting tonsils and adenoids removed? Is there any question which I'd rather be doing?
Just kidding...just being together is enough, right?

NOLA -part 2

We decided to take the kids to the Insectarium.  It was both cool & gross!  They had a kitchen area with chefs that cook bugs (specially...