Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Self-discovery


I am planning to make cupcakes for the upcoming baby shower of a dear friend and thought I would practice with my fondant. After baking them, icing the cupcakes, and topping with my fondant "creations" (yeah, I know the pacifier is a little lopsided,) I decided to take a picture and post.

I realized that I have a problem (and we all know admitting it is the first step!) I am constantly inspired to do things. One day I want to paint & redecorate the house, another day I'm going to decorate cakes, another I want to sew my children their own clothes. We won't even discuss the days that I decide I'm going to start exercising each day! The problem with this is that I never really stay with one thing long enough to master it or at least become decent at it. Wonder if I have adult ADHD?

Anyway, new goal for 2009? I'm going to try to stick with something long enough to be good at it!!! But, that will probably change by tomorrow!


PS ---If you think they're even half-way decent, tell me which topper you like best!

10 comments:

Amy said...

tough decision...hmmm.

Life As We Know IT said...

they are all cute!

kate said...

they turned out too cute. loved them. you know i have a thing for cupcakes. if it weren't raining and freezing cold outside I would have to come eat one! I liked the ones with the monograms the most. you did a great job with your fondant. the paci is great.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

all of them are really cute, but i like the monogrammed ones best too. and it's neat you're so creative in so many different ways!

Susan Sampson said...

You are awesome-they are all GREAT!

~~Kerri~~ said...

I wish I was creative. You are such a blessed chick!! They all look great!!

Allison said...

you are so talented!

nicole said...

I don't know which I like the best cause I like them ALL! You are so good!!! I wish I could do that. My cakes and cupcakes do not turn ot like that. That must be why God made you my friend, so I would know someone who is talented enough to make cupcakes look spectacular! Why not just do a mixture for the party like you have done already?

Kendra said...

I'm lovin' the crown and the monograms...soo adorable!

Laura Dawson said...

my fav is the one right in the middle....don't worry, just keep doing a little of this and a little of that...nothing wrong with that!

NOLA -part 2

We decided to take the kids to the Insectarium.  It was both cool & gross!  They had a kitchen area with chefs that cook bugs (specially...