Our post-election week has been rather eventful. After the stress of election and the hubby being out-of-town, I thought I would make his return as nice and stress-free as possible.
I worked to get the house nice and clean, the kids fed, dinner ready on the stove, and chocolate chip pecan cookies in the oven. All was going so smoothly. As I stripped the kids down to nothing but a diaper and underwear and stepped into the laundry room, I heard cries.
My big boy had fallen into the corner of a small table and had a decent size gash in his forehead. Well, with blood everywhere, I knew there was no point in dressing him. As calm as this sounds, you might think I actually thought that. In reality, I was shaking and knew there wasn't time to get them both dressed and wasn't exactly how to do it all by myself. I had one on each hip and loaded everyone up and raced to the emergency room. The one time I had a reason to turn my hazard lights on and I didn't even think about it. I just made him hold a dish towel to his forehead and drove as fast as I safely could without using up what little gas was in the car because my gas light was on.
Let me just tell you, if you walk into the emergency room with your children barely dressed and covered in blood, they take you straight back. I'm just lucky my mother-in-law was able to meet me there and take the little one. Poor thing was scared to death (as was I.) I had to get my mom to go get the boys clothes and turn off the cookies that I'd forgotten about.
And, I must give credit where credit is due, they did a wonderful job. They gave him stickers and a Hot Wheels car and got him all calmed down. They were able to glue it and get us out pretty quickly. Guess that'll teach Daddy to leave us alone.
The only thing now is to get it to heal. He's already made it bleed once since we left. Boys!!