Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Challenge





After years of thinking up something for someone to give you or gift cards, R's sister came up with the idea of "homemade gifts." For me, this sounded like fun. Those of you who know me well, know that I love to "create," but you also probably know how I pile a little too much on my plate. Well, last year, between school and kids and work and Christmas, I was completely overwhelmed. You should have seen me snapping at R while stitching away at my sewing machine the day of. Well, not this year! I have been to Hobby Lobby and bought my "stuff." I AM going to be on top of it!!! I really do love doing this. It really is fun to watch everyone open them and it really does feel special to know that you made it. Here's what we did last year....R wasn't too excited, but everyone can make SOMETHING. He made his brother personalized labels on his computer for his canning. His brother gave us all jars of his pickles and tomatoes that he canned out of his garden. His sister made me a cute knob board and R a decoupaged picture frame with the kids. She made their brother an adorable personalized stepping stone for his garden with colored glass. I appliqued pjs for his sister and a sweat shirt for my other sister-in-law. Well, I can't reveal what I'm making just yet this year, but here's some pics of really cute fabric I bought. I'll show when it gets closer to time!! BTW, if you've got any ideas for the guys, please share!!!

No comments:

NOLA -part 2

We decided to take the kids to the Insectarium.  It was both cool & gross!  They had a kitchen area with chefs that cook bugs (specially...